I'm Kim Junior BBQ Buffet @ *SCAPE

I had a irresistible urge to eat Korean BBQ after watching a bunch of mukbangs while the mister was away on a business trip, so when he returned and asked me what I would like for dinner.... "Korean BBQ please!!!"


We showed up at I'm Kim Junior in time for our 9:00pm reservation and were promptly seated. A server came over to fill up the hotpot with the soup for our DIY Budae Jigae (army stew), pack of noodles and a slice of cheese. It was my first time having having diy army stew with AYCE korean bbq so I was quite excited and almost overwhelmed by all the possibilities.


The hostess politely told us that the buffet set up will be cleared by 10:00pm upon seating us so that we had an idea as to when to gather our last plates of meats/veggies.

There was a good variety of meats both marinated & unmarinated, and while we enjoyed the marinated chicken especially "volcano chicken" we focused on the pork & beef after trying a bit of everything because it cooked the quickest and most evenly on the grill. The thin sliced fatty beef was especially delicious in the army stew.
However, I did not see a wide variety of seafood - only spotted some mussels & prawns, not sure if it was because we were the last seating of the evening and they had already run out.

Besides the raw meats and vegetables, there was a section for cooked sides such as fried chicken wings, jap chae noodles, tteokbokki, truffle fries, seafood pancake. The truffle fries was better than I've had at some restaurants. Also, ginseng chicken soup & mushroom soup were perfect at the end of dinner.



We topped it all off by taking advantage of their "Buy Two Get One Free" offer on beers, soju, & makkeoli. ($9.00/large bottle of Hite, $19.00/soju, makkeoli)

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't any shredded cheese for the army stew, just a slice of processed cheese which mostly disintegrated into the soup instead of sticking to the ingredients.


Overall: The dining area is spacious and well ventilated (we still left smelling like bbq, don't think it's escapable), efficient service & the quality of everything was pretty good and definitely satisfied my craving - great bang for your buck.


S$24.80++ normal weekend dinner price - 90min to eat
I made a reservation through Eatigo and received 20% off
(I spotted that they currently have a $9.90++ lunch buffet offer!)



Food: 7/10
Service: 6.5/10
Ambiance: Casual, Good for Groups, AYCE Buffet, BBQ
Price: $$

Overall: 7/10


I'm Kim Junior
2 Orchard Link
#03-01 *SCAPE
Singapore 237978
Tel:
+65 66340420

Hours:
Mon- Sun 11:30am - 03:30pm | 5:30pm - 10:30pm

Comments

Popular Posts